Just recovery from our weekend-long ownCloud development meeting — and what a meeting it was.
Held here in the Stuttgart ownCloud offices, myself and 18 ownCloud contributors from across Europe borrowing down on the next version of ownCloud (coming next month) — coding, brainstorming new features and functions and having fun.
We worked on a lot of different features:
- General stabilization of the ownCloud 4 code base.
- Work on a solution that solves the big file upload problem once and for all.
- Huge database optimizations for better performance.
- Improved KDE integration
- Implementation of an LDAP groups backend and big improvements in the LDAP user integration.
- Implementation of a lucene search engine for files. We now have proper searching. 🙂
- UX optimisation all over the place
- Lot´s of small design improvements
- Improvement on ownCloud.org
- Work on Debian Packaging
- OpenID support
- Drag and Drop uploading
- Implementation of a “Find my Android phone” location based feature.
- Working on versioning and encryption support
- Lots of bugfixes at the Desktop Syncing client
- Porting of the Desktop Syncing Client to Mac OS X. Release soon.
- UX improvements at the Desktop Syncing Client.
- Work started on an ownCloud mail client.
- Lots of bugs fixed
I want to thank everybody for their creativity, energy and the fun.
Looking forward to the next meeting later this year already!